Celebrate food & life while raising awareness to cancer | Health
Local chefs and restaurants are joining a very worthy cause, helping the Support for People with Oral and Head and Neck Cancer organization with their annual Taste & Wellness Event.
The event is scheduled for April 14 from 2-5pm at the American Cancer Society, 10501 Euclid Ave. in Cleveland. It will feature delicious food, cooking demonstrations by local chefs, health and wellness information, music and entertainment as well as raffle and prizes.
Organizers say the focus of the event is to embrace those affected by oral, head and neck cancers as well as helping patients and families with the healing process.
Many OHNC patients have eating and swallowing issues and need help modifying their diet to create enjoyable meals that are also nutritious. The Taste & Wellness Event will help patients and families learn to meet these needs.
Proceeds from the event go directly to the SPOHNC organization to assist with their awareness programs and resources for patients and caregivers.
For more information about SPOHNC 2013 Celebrate! Taste & Wellness Event, please contact Jeff Husney at 216-536-7234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud
- Cuyahoga County Councilman Julian Rogers to resign from County Council